Wednesday, January 3, 2024

2023 Favorites

Favorite fiction: Furious Heaven by Kate Elliott

Favorite non-fiction: A History of New Zealand in 100 Objects by Jock Phillips

Favorite historical fiction: Where the Rēkohu Bone Sings by Tina Makereti (honorable mention to Kāwai by Monty Soutar which was hugely ambitious but distracting-ly clunky in its writing)

Favorite fantasy: Crown of Stars audio version, one of the best narrations I've ever heard. It was such a pleasure to experience this series again via audio

Favorite Sci-fi: see favorite fiction :)

Favorite Romance: n/a, romance was all meh for me this year but I did re-read The Lion's Daughter by Loretta Chase which I still adore

Favorite Thriller/Mystery: Racing the Light by Robert Crais


Beyond the pages...


TV:
Favorite - Nothing really stands out to me this year so see surprise hits for shows I didn't expect to like but did.
Surprise hit(s) - Lucifer tied with Celebrity tied with The Glory
Surprise blunder - See You in My 19th Life

Video games:
Favorite - Paperback: The Game (still lol)
 

Past Editions:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment