Thursday, April 14, 2016

A Kate Elliott Unboxing

I had some inkling of the glorious and shiny awesomeness in store for me as my mom was kind enough to not only act as my international postal service (read: enabler) but she also did a wee Skype session with me before forwarding on my books. However, nothing can compare to having gorgeous, beloved books in your own two hands. Thus, a photographic love letter.



Behold, the Unboxed!


When you realize getting them singly from the library does not at all do justice to the sheer amount of BOOK!


Never fear, Volume 3, one day I will find you!


Found consolation almost immediately when I discovered...



omg, omg, omg easter eggs on the signed title pages?!?!?!?!?




Joy, joy, joy, more easter eggs!



And then, of course, further consolation in gazing at what I would argue is the best cover set of all time:


btw, the outer seeming matches the inner heart, best trilogy ever!



Speaking of covers, my faves from CoS:


Where can I get that shield?


My mom, continuing her reign as best mom ever, flipped through The Secret Journal of Beatrice Hassi Barahal via Skype for me and, besides loving the artwork, made this comment: There sure is a lot of kissing! I about fell over when I saw this on closer inspection:

My mom agrees with Cat


And is anything better than new books settled into their new home?



2 comments: