Monday, October 17, 2011

It's well past begun

The signs were subtle at first. A little thing here, a little thing there... Nothing to really alarm a person, you see... But, now, here I am, watching a movie I have already seen - fully convinced I'd always wanted to see it and had not got around to it yet. And this is the second time this has happened to me this year!

This might seem a fairly innocuous event but it is just another of the characteristics I have undoubtedly inherited from my mother. So it appears that I am part of the "everyone eventually turns into her mother" crowd.

So here I find myself falling asleep if I sit on the couch right after work, falling asleep before a show is over, contemplating whether or not the leftovers in my fridge might make some sort of tasty patty (horrors!), and renting movies I've already seen. So, yeah, it's well past begun but I have many years before the final transformation. You see, my mother is the single most kind, compassionate, generous, forgiving, joyful human being I know. I should be so lucky as to turn into a human like that.




2 comments:

  1. Awww... I miss your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! She might be here around Christmas time. We'll have to make sure to get everyone together if she is. Though it's always nice to get together even if no one is visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete