Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Anti-Trailer

We get this weekly newspaper, which is more like a community bulletin, here in my new town. I flip through it to see what's going on (it's how I found the Intro to Astronomy course I'm taking) and usually find some interesting events. Today I saw that a NZ film shot in Dunedin (with a big scene along a street full of shops just up the road from us) was picked up at Cannes. I thought, oh cool, I will share the trailer in case it gets picked up by a US distributor and then folks can look out for it. I surf on over to youtube to do a title search and the first thing I see is a shot of an objectified woman holding up her breasts. I think, this can't be right! It doesn't have anything to do with the film. Then I see this:

UPDATE:
I've noticed in the comments that everyone seems to love the BOOBS in this trailer. Just thought I'd let you know that you can glimpse more of them in the link below:

[link redacted]


And at the end of the trailer there is a pop-up also sending you to the link I chose not to include here. Gross! That is disgusting!

So my point in sharing this??? If you happen to come by a z0mbie film and notice it was shot in Dunedin my request to you is to pass on it due to its offensive advertising strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment