Monday, August 8, 2011

the days, they continue to fly

I've noticed two things (ok, well, more than two things, like I still have not done that follow-up Starship Troopers post, I haven't been keeping up with my 2011 Reading Challenge, and I have two round-ups mentally composed and yet they still have not been posted... ah well, the great outdoors continues to call):

1. I forgot to do my half-year book round-up and I'm a bit late now but hopefully I'll get that up. I'll only include books through the end of June even though we're well past it now.

2.  Source Code didn't get any better upon a second viewing. Stay tuned for a post on that.

And in other news The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is quite enjoyable. I can't remember the last time I picked up a book with its attendant hoopla and then thought, "Wow, this is living up to the hoopla!" Only two discs to go... I'm going to miss it when it's over.

My horse is a rock star!! Seriously, he's doing things I never thought to experience him doing (hmm, is that even remotely close to English grammar???). Between his good-natured and willing attitude and my instructor's wonderful work with us I've discovered this amazing athlete in my horse. Talk about grinning from ear to ear!!!

And last but not least.... Leon is ever closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment