Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bit of a Slump

I am in the midst of reading four books right now. I'm about halfway through on all of them and they're just barely still making the reading cut. I can't quite pin point what it is that's kept me reading them (albeit, very slowly) or what it is that keeps me thinking it's time to put them down. I seem to be only able to take them in small bits. Page-turners they are not.

So since the weekend started I've just been wading through my favorite parts of several Laura Kinsale novels - and avoiding starting my review and book club books (must get on this as have only two weeks in which to read them) - so right now I'm feeling like my reading weekend would be a total bust if not for Ms. Kinsale to fall back on.

Maybe it's a sci-fi slump. All four are sci-fi and maybe I'm just not feeling it right now. Well, anyway, I'm going to get back to sifting through the Kinsale gems and maybe (maybe!) start the review books tomorrow.

Happy weekend and I hope your TBR pile is treating you better than mine!

2 comments:

  1. My pile is treating me very well these days. Currently juggling "Plain, Honest Men: The Making of the Constitution", "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao", and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest." Although "juggling" is probably not accurate; I haven't picked up the other two since I started on TGWKHN -- I can't put it down! You might actually like PHM... it's well-done and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! My pile stinks. hehe

    Thanks for the rec. I will keep it in mind but am currently in desperate need of finishing my review books by the 20th and my book club book by the 22nd so right now I am stuck with those. However, two are non-fiction and I look forward to those in hopes of learning something. :)

    ReplyDelete