Friday, August 13, 2010

Why lie when the truth would do?

As one who maintains a deep and abiding love for the internet I was pretty interested in Middle Men when I first saw the trailer. I thought, hey, cool, let's see one of the steps that brought us the internet we know (and lurv) today! But then I started looking around for a little bit of confirmation on the story (read: did three google searches:) and came by this link. Sure it's not a massively detailed article outlining the truth but it, and some other sources, points towards the fact that the story was stretched. So, Hollywood, once again I ask: why lie when the truth would do? Why are perfectly fascinating stories stretched to unreality for no apparent reason?

Sigh.

I still think the trailer is pretty good and the poster kicks ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment