Thursday, July 1, 2010

Books Read

A few years back my grandmother said to me, "Wouldn't it be great if you had a list of all the books you have read?" And I thought, damn straight! That'd be fucking awesome! (My reply aloud was less colorful.)

I started keeping an Xcel file and am mostly diligent with keeping it up. I'm in my fourth year of doing this and I think I've been most diligent this year. Since we find ourselves at the half-year mark (already??? how the hell did that happen???) I thought I'd share my list, so far, for 2010.

sgwordy's Read in 2010 list


Half-year Results -

Best fiction: The Blue Orchard by Jackson Taylor
                 (Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez is a close second)

Best non-fiction: Blind Man's Bluff by Sherry Sontag et al

Favorite author discovered this year: Robert Crais

Most re-read book first read this year: Lessons in French by Laura Kinsale


What's your favorite book so far this year?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you discovered Robert Crais, too. Because you posted on the author and his work, my friend Naomi linked your site (and the rest you know).

    Hmm... I'd say it's a tie for me at this half-way point in the year for my favorite book:

    Print the Legend by Craig McDonald

    The Mystic Art of Erasing All Signs of Death by Charlie Huston

    Have a great holiday weekend. Thanks, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MYSTIC ARTS is definitely way up on my list as well! And I have you to thank for that. I just got his latest. Have you read SLEEPLESS?

    I'll be sure to look up the McDonald title. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read SLEEPLESS, but hope to. PRINT THE LEGEND is the latest in the Hector Lassiter series (HEAD GAMES, TOROS & TORSOS are the others). I read them in order, but believe me, you can jump in anywhere in the series (it moves all about in history and time in its storytelling). How it ends in HEAD GAMES is turned on its head in PRINT THE LEGEND. Have a good weekend, Rachel, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete