Saturday, May 29, 2010

This Week at the Library

Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer

P is for Peril by Sue Grafton

Every Last Drop by Charlie Huston

The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death by Charlie Huston

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick

The Children of Men by P.D. James

Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter by R.J. Anderson

Repeat After Me by Rachel DeWoskin


Initial Report: Friday's Child was a fucking riot and I'll be posting a review soon, Every Last Drop will get a skip for now, Mystic Arts already has me quite intrigued (hat tip - lp13), The Children of Men is a re-read for another joint post with Michael next month so I'll be taking notes this time around, the rest are still on the stack... But, actually, I'm current through all the Grafton books at this point but I must say I was doing some heavy skimming for the last ~6... My mental jury is still out regarding the "alphabet" mysteries.

And, truly, this time I swear, I'm not getting another library book until the TBR pile on my own shelf is done... unless it's for a book club or something like that... ;-)


What have you been reading lately?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Huston's The Mystic Arts... and looking forward to our joint post of Children of Men. For me, I'm really, really enjoying Strip by Thomas Perry (my first by this author) in audiobook and Sophie Littlefield's A Bad Day for Sorry (though it's taking me forever to find time to finish the book). Thanks, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been doing much reading - still working away at Jack Kerouac's On the Road, which I've been reading on and off since Christmas. That's right, Christmas. I find his writing so fabulous that I savour it in sips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lp13 - Thanks again for the Huston tip! I'm actually glad it's taking you a while to get through "Sorry" because I like the cover and this way I get to see it when I visit your blog. :)

    Julia - I had a good buddy in college who loved the Beat writers. He very excitedly passed on his faves (including "On the Road") but I could never get into any of them. I've often wondered if I'd like them better now. Some books are like that; they completely pass you by as a kid/young adult but then you really like them later. What do you think? Worth another try?

    ReplyDelete