Friday, January 1, 2010

Crying Into My Citrus Bowl

It was a sadly impotent day for LSU's offense (and Peterson) and I had to see my team lose to a Big Ten team. That is always a bad day but I can respect the play of Penn State and LSU only has themselves to blame.

But since I'm not too interested in re-living a loss I'm going to take this chance to talk about how stupid "icing" the kicker is. In case you're not familiar with "icing" the kicker it's waiting for the line to set and the field goal kicker to position himself and then the opposing team calls a time out. Voila! The kicker has just been iced!

You might find yourself wondering what powerful whammie has just been served to the kicker. Does he now have to go hang out in a tub of ice water? Does he have to spin circles for the time out thus making him super dizzy and the kick even harder?

No.

The kicker now has to go to the sidelines and wait 30sec with the rest of the team and then line up for the kick again.

Is it not making sense? No problem, I'll repeat it: The kicker now has to go to the sidelines and wait 30sec with the rest of the team and then line up for the kick again.


In other words, the kicker now has to go do what he does for the entire fucking game minus 1-5min.

No comments:

Post a Comment