Sunday, August 9, 2009

TV's Biggest D-Bag

I've been watching some old Ally McBeal episodes on youtube and I'm reminded of all the reasons I stopped watching the show when it was on air. But anyway, I bring this here because I can't think of a bigger douchebag than Billy. Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of TV so I am sure there are many characters that can qualify but I can't think of any character that's supposed to be sympathetic and nice but is actually the world's biggest douchebag. Can you?

I also find Ally McBeal to be a lot like Scrubs. They'd be so good if it wasn't for the main character/narrator.



ETA:
The thing about the Biggest Douchebag Ever characteristic is that he brings down the crowd. So Georgia, who is definitely cool, and Ally, who shows flashes of coolness and is sometimes funny, are completely dragged into the muck for even looking at Billy much less loving him. Billy deserves to live under shit for 5 years but his shenanigans wouldn't go anywhere if those around him weren't hit with the stupid stick every time he walks in a room. And for fuck's sake, he's not even good-looking! What were the writers thinking? This is the reason I stopped watching the show. But because I can skip over Douchebag and Ally's drama and get right to super-awesome Ling I'm trying to keep on keeping on. If I recall correctly Billy dies so there must be some justice in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment